Wednesday, April 16, 2014

PS I LOVE YOU

For about 10 seconds tonight, I thought it might be a good idea to watch the movie 'PS:  I love you." It was on TV and I'm bored and lonely.

Here is the part I watched/listened to...

"This wonderful man happens to me and then, and then he died! What was the point? I'm so angry I could kill somebody. I'm alone, and it doesn't matter what job I have or what I do or what I don't do or what friends I have, he's not here. I mean, you're alone, no matter what."

Yea, that was a dumb idea...

I'm trying not to think about it too much. Instead, I'm pretty excited about the idea of trying to focus on things that would make Mike proud. Things I want to accomplish for me. And for him. I go for my CrossFit Kids cert in 2 weeks and we are starting a CF Kids program at Gamma. We are planning two big contests, both to raise money for Barbells for Boobs - a non profit who helps those who can't afford a mammogram the possibility of getting one. Mike was always passionate about helping others. So, now, I will do that in his honor! I figure it can only make me a better, happier person to give to others.

After all, here is the quote I got tattooed on me right after Mike's passing...

"It's what you give of yourself to someone else to make them great that eventually makes you great."

1 comment: