Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Life changes...

That moment when you go to the dentist and they ask you to fill out the questionaire...

'Has anything changed since your last visit on 11/18/2013?' You have got to be FUCKING kidding me...

Question 1: 'Marital status?' Seriously, no fucking clue how to fill in the blank that followed that easy, two worded question. Couldn't they have given me options and a box to check off? Seriously had no idea... unlike all the people who like to compare my current situation to their break up/divorce. Thanks for trying, but this is nothing like your fucking divorce... for starters, no one chose to leave. Neither Mike or I wanted out. We were extremely happy. Again, I appreciate you trying to understand...but this isn't a failed relationship. I won't pretend to know how it feels to be in your shoes, but please give me the same respect.

Question 2: 'Emergency contact = Mike Jenkins 443-904-4760' There was your name and number...I remember putting it in my phone for the first time. LOL, I never changed it to husband, no heart...I don't know why...it stayed Mike Jenkins in my phone for years. Still there. Not you, you had a silly photo of me on your phone...back when I had the short, short hair...it always made me laugh! Well, now at the age of 28 I 'get' to put my 'mommy' as my emergency contact...freaking awesome. Not.

Question 3: 'Medicines/prescriptions' Yep, right there was the reminder I wanted...'prenatal vitamins.' Yep, because on November 18th, less than six months ago, my husband, the love of my life, my entire universe...he and I were trying so hard to have a baby.

Fuck. Just when you think you are making progress, I get knocked right back down. God, I miss you so much.

The dentist asked if I'm stressed...he said I grind my teeth at night and recommended a glass of wine before bed to calm me. Was that a fucking joke? I'm honestly not sure. And, stressed? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment